Sicilian Wedding Cake
(Serves 30-35 generously)
1500g digestive biscuits
1200g ricotta (6 tubs)
4 tbsp vanilla essence
6 tbsp icing sugar
Zest of 4 lemon
900g approx of each: blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and redcurrants
Icing Sugar for dusting
- Crush the digestives in the food processor until there are crumbs and some large bits. You don’t want dust! Melt the butter and mix well in a large bowl with the biscuit crumbs.
- Tip the buttered crumb mixture onto your serving plate. Work quickly while the mixture is still warm. Shape into a large circle and make sure it is compact by flattening with the back of a spoon so that it will set into a nice crunchy biscuit layer that you can cut into.
- Whilst the base is setting prepare your berries. Place them in nice serving bowls, slice and sugar the strawberries.
- Place the ricotta, lemon zest, vanilla and icing sugar into a bowl, beat until combined
- Whip the cream until it is soft. Gently fold the cream into the ricotta mixture using a large spatula.
- To serve spread the ricotta cream mixture over the base, top with the berries and dust with icing sugar.
NOTE: We're currently booked up for April and May, as we only do it once a month it filled up quick. It's great to see so much interest. It would be great if more people started holding supperclubs too! We're taking a break for summer but will keep the blog updated with upcoming events. x