March 14, 2011

We have a title! It's MakeBakeLove!


Thanks so much to everyone for all of the brilliant book title suggestions! I never really considered calling the book after the blog but ye all thought of it. Go Team! So since the blog is called 'Stuff I make, bake and Love' the book will be called the shorter version 'Make.Bake.Love'. You make it, you bake it, you love it. I think it's a grower. 100 sweet baking recipes and jam packed with photos.
I'm just at the 'typing up and checking everything twice over and over' stage so here are some photos I won't be putting in the book. Bo loves to help when I'm taking photos. She's lurking in the background of every shot, she knows not to go near me when I have the camera in my hand!


Thanks a million to my talented beautician sister Rosie (above)  for using make up artistry magic and to my Colm for taking the photos of me for the book. Blogging can be a solitary and very personal hobby and it can sometimes appear like it's not part of the 'real world' but coming together to make this book has brought it all to life for me. I always write these posts for you to read but now other people will be able to read the book too! So come September we'll have to share! Thanks for all your support!
Lilly x

11 comments:

  1. Bo is so cute! Lovely title, Lilly. To quote Father Ted; good luck with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a meringue duck? That is so cool! I love the photo of Bo's head resting on the table looking longingly at the milk tart. Congrats and can't wait to see the book in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Lilly, and well done on all your hard work. I can't wait to see the book,

    L
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done and to paraphase father ted, will that duck be in the book.
    bo is a very lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the picture of the paws and the brownies/blondies/flap jack thingys! So cute. I heard you on Today FM this morning and had to drop by for a look, since I loved Fancy Vittles. Going to have a scroll through now and see what I can make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girls! I know the meringue looks so like a duck.I had made individual swans for Valentines night & they were so cute but this guy is a bit chunky so yes, he is a duck!
    Decibelbelow: Love your blog!
    And the duck will be in the book!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was listening to you on Ray D'Arcy's show yesterday, you inspired me to start my own blog, something I'd been thinking about for ages. Best of luck with your book, I'm sure it'll be brilliant, can't wait to see it in the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That swan is a wonder, such an innocently enthusiastic look to it that I couldn't bear to eat it. Oh well, just a wing then, as I do love meringue so. The lovely Rosie looks very like you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the title, and its totally in keeping with your 'branding' as it's so close to the blog title that we've all come to know and love...
    The very best of luck with the rest of the process, can't wait to get MY paws on the book!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do I get a prize for coming up with the title ? :-)
    Love it and best of luck with it...will be adding it to the mounting stack of cake related paraphernalia that is threatening to take over the house!!
    Meabh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely title, Lilly! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!x