Pain Au Chocolat
1 sheet puff pastry (buy it!)
2oz ground almonds
1 oz sugar
3 oz nice dark chocolate
2 tbsp orange juice
4oz chocolate spread
Egg whisked for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Lay the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Blitz the almonds, dark chocolate chunks, sugar and orange juice in a food processor.
- The chocolate should remain in coarse chips.
- Spread a bit of chocolate spread on the top half of each piece of pastry.
- Spread some of the almond mix on top of the chocolate spread.
- Roll up and lay them seam down on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
- Brush with the whisked egg and sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Dust with icing sugar. Eat at least one whilst it's hot! My God. yum.
So that's it. So easy and so gorgeous. Have a lovely long weekend!