These are the ultimate chocolate chip cookie. Unbelievably crumbly and crisp with toasty hazelnuts and molten chunks of dark chocolate. They're definitely cookies but with my Cork accent it always sound weird saying cookie so I always call them biscuits!
Unbelievable with a glass of milk. Equally gorgeous with a cup of tea. Isn't everything?
Hazelnut & Chocolate chip Cookies
Based on the basic cookie dough recipe by the lovely Leila Lindholm
41/2 oz butter, softened
3 1/2 oz demerera sugar
3 1/2 oz plain flour
1 oz rolled oats
1/2 tbsp baking powder
4oz dark chocolate, chopped
3oz toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Mix in the egg.
- Mix the flour, oats, baking powder, blend into the dough
- Mix the coarsely chopped chocolate and nuts into the dough.
- Shape into a log and roll it up in greaseproof paper. Put in the freezer for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180 c.
- Cut the roll into 1cm thick slices. Lay them on a a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 10 mins or until golden.