There's a load of mint taking over my garden and I absolutely love it. I'm putting it into everything and the more I pick, the more it grows. Mint is one of those brilliant things that just thrives no matter what, my kind of plant! I used a mixture of spearmint and peppermint for this gorgeous summer drink.
Garden Mint Lemonade
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
Juice of 2 lemons
1/2 cup packed full of mint
Handful of icecubes
- First add the sugar and water to a pan and heat gently to dissolve the sugar.
- Leave the syrup to cool. Juice the 2 lemons and pour into a large jug with the syrup.
- Crush the ice and mint together. I did this in a food processor and it really does push your food processor/blender to the max! Only do this if you know your machine can handle ice.
- Add the minty ice slush to the jug and mix with the syrup and lemon juice.
- Top with as much water as you like and keep tasting it. I added about a litre of water to mine as I didn't want it too sweet.
- Serve with more ice and a few mint leaves.
Sipping this on a summer day is what it's all about. But I can't help think that next time I'll try and make it with half brown sugar/half white and I'll add a good glug of Bacardi rum. Yum!